4.22.2010

names vs. flavors by maharlika sage

  
CUPCAKE FACE

Since creating my lip balm my senses and taste have heightened to it’s fullest.
Every time I am out and about.. I stumble upon a flavor that tempts me to ask
Maybe I should create a mexican chocolate flavor spiced with chili to give those
lips a hot treat??

My Ginger lime was inspired by an ice tea from a restaurant called Blossom in
Downtown LA. and Grapefruit Gelato (originally called Pomelmo), came from having the most
delicious grapefruit gelato in Riomaggiore, Cinque terre Italy.

My inspirations come from everywhere and not just my outings but also my friends.
Usually, I am intrigued by the flavor first which inspires the name of my lip balm.

This time I am inspired by the NAME and intrigued by what flavor I will come up with.
For the last month I’ve been tasting different cupcake flavors and names. I’ve eaten and made
more cupcakes in the past month than I have in ten years.  What is the ultimate cupcake for you?

CUPCAKE FACE.. the name inspired by friend Jessica Locke... will be the latest addition to my balms. There is a lot of inside meaning to how this name came about, but it’s definitely by far the cutest and the sassiest lip balm name I’ve heard in a while.


So back in the kitchen I go.... What will this flavor be? Any Suggestions?

1 comment:

  1. flourless chocolate with vanilla buttercream?
    or
    red velvet
    or carrot cake with cream cheese.

    i'm thinking jessica is carrot cake with cream cheese -- reminds me of her coloring and how sweet she is.
    love to you mikki and jessica too.
    xxxoooo

    ReplyDelete