4.16.2009

The Locals Triangle

This week my topic is both delectable and necessary. Can’t live without it (and why would you want to?): FOOD. Everyone who knows me knows how much I love all that it stands for. Food entertains our taste buds and enriches our soul. It charms us during friendly gatherings, and keeps us satisfied enough to try alone. It can provide spontaneous fulfillment and change one’s mood at almost any time. From new restaurants openings, neighborhood haunts, specialty stores and dinner parties… one need not travel far to appreciate amazing food. I love talking about the places I dine, the recipes shared by friendly cooks, and the new finds I come across (like coconut milk non-dairy ice cream by Coco-bliss). When approaching the topic of food, I was sure, since I love it so much, that it would be easy to write about. I was mistaken because there are so many ways to explore the topic of food.
For a start, I decided to share a little info on the good treats around my neighborhood. This is also a subject I will explore every now and then in my blog because there is so much ground to cover. I don’t want you to miss out on knowing what delicious new treat is out there. In the last four years the Venice community has experienced a rapid increase of new eateries to the already familiar staples Primitivo, Axe, Abbot’s Habit, Hal’s Bar, and the latest swanky eatery to hit the block Gjelina and A+K. While some social seekers prefer to look for mainstream trends. There are three off the beaten path gems I care to mention. Enjoy them before tourists catch wind of the new scents coming from these soon-to-be-packed, can’t-get-enough-of “local haunts”.