4.09.2009

Beauty and the Photo

If you are checking in for the first time, every Thursday I am posting a weekly topic with a few choice picks. This week's topic is Photography, in particular, my talented friends who lent their vision in helping make my lip-balm ideas and campaign come to focus. My upcoming site "Is the balm" (formerly Beauty By Maharlika) which will be launching sometime this month (fingers crossed!), and will feature their work.

Photography has always been an interest to me. I would have to say, it’s something I really love: I love taking photos, going to photo exhibits, and occasionally even though I can be quite shy at times, I do find myself very comfortable in front of the camera when someone I know is shooting.
The great thing about the four photographers who shot the latest campaign is that photography is an extension of their artistic capabilities. Their approaches are wildly diverse. Their innovative and style can be seen in their every day work as animators, graphic designers, editors and directors.


Tune in Next Thursday for my weekly topic of FOODIES: from Goldmine Eatery shops and FRIENDS who Share their recipes and special homemade dishes.